Top Gear Bosses have reportedly chosen their Dream Team
‘Top Gear’ bosses have reportedly selected their ‘dream team’ to take over presenting duties on the BBC motoring show.
After she was snapped enjoying a pint with sacked presenter Jeremy Clarkson last month, former model Jodie Kidd has been poached from Channel 5’s ‘Classic Cars Show’, according to The Sunday Express.
She’ll reportedly be joined by ‘Life On Mars’ actor Philip Glenister and Channel 4 presenter Guy Martin.
Jodie Kidd was spotted with Jeremy Clarkson last month
Beeb bosses have been on the hunt for a new presenting team after they were forced to sack Jeremy Clarkson following his infamous ‘fracas’ with a ‘Top Gear’ producer.
Clarkson’s co-presenters Richard Hammond and James May refused to sign new contracts and so are also being replaced.
According to the Sunday Express, ‘Top Gear’ co-creator Andy Wilman was overheard discussing the new line up over lunch with Jamiroquai singer Jay Kay in Sussex.
Jodie had already revealed she’d be up for the job when she was a guest on ‘Saturday Kitchen’ last month.
She said: “Why not? Yes! I’m sure we can get two people to sign a petition.”
The 36-year-old once achieved one of the fastest lap times on Top Gear’s ‘star in a reasonably priced car’ section of the show.
Philip Glenister is best known for his role as DCI Gene Hunt in ‘Life on Mars’ and its follow-up ‘Ashes to Ashes’.
Last year the actor made his presenting debut on the Channel 4 show ‘For The Love Of Cars’, alongside car restoration expert Ant Anstead.
“For The Love Of Cars gave the bosses a real feel for Philip as a TV presenter, and they were impressed," a source told The Sun last month.
“There are more experienced hosts being considered, but they just think he would be a really good fit for next year’s ‘Top Gear’.
“We also know he has a lot of credibility because he is a genuine car fanatic, and is clearly very comfortable talking about them.”
Motorcycle racer Guy Martin currently presents the Channel 5 show ‘Speed With Guy Martin’. The 33-year-old has been rumoured to be in the running for ‘Top Gear’ for a few weeks.
In March the BBC confirmed that Clarkson’s contract would not be renewed following his infamous 'fracas' with a 'Top Gear' producer.
It led to him being suspended from the show, after he punched a producer in a heated exchange over an evening meal.
In a statement, Tony Hall, BBC Director-General, said at the time that it was with 'great regret that the BBC would not be renewing Clarkson's contract'.